This notice applies to current and former customers.
Data protection principles
In relation to personal data, we will:
- Process it fairly, lawfully and in a clear, transparent way.
- Collect data only for reasons that we find proper for the course of your purchasing contract.
- Only use it in the way that we have told you about.
- Ensure it is correct and up to date.
- Keep data for only as long as we need it.
- Process it in a way that ensures it will not be used for anything that you are not aware of or have consented to (as appropriate), lost or destroyed.
Use of Data
Each time that you use our website to look for a product or service that we provide we may request certain information that is necessary for RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd to process your request.
This information may include your name, address, e-mail address and contact telephone numbers but may not be limited to these details as this will be dependent upon your requirements.
No personal information will be disclosed to any third party unless we have received your Express Consent to do so.
Disclosure of information may be made to third parties where it is necessary to complete a request from you for one of our services. These will include our professional advisers, who must adhere to strict confidentiality codes, and any providers of insurance products who require the information to process and administer any policies that you may require.
We will utilise your information to process any transactions that you have requested and for our own internal administration and monitoring purposes.
RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd will use your information to maintain contact with you in order to provide the best possible service standards and to provide you with information in relation to products or offers that we believe might be of interest to you.
Unless we have your express consent, none of your information will be disclosed to third parties for marketing purposes.
Types of data we process
We hold many types of data about you, including your personal details such as your:
- email address
- phone numbers
- order details
How we collect your data
We collect data about you from your online order to assist RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd in processing your order.
In some cases, we will collect data about you from third parties, such as online sellers ie; if you buy from a third party they will send RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd your name, address, email address and telephone numbers in order for RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd to process and dispatch your order. This will then be inputted in to a courier’s website for them to make the delivery and contact customers if there are any delivery issues.
Personal data is kept in the Company’s IT systems to process, keep track and invoice orders.
We may work with third parties to research certain usage and activities on our website on our behalf. No personal information about you is shared except to the extent that it is required to be used by a third party or parties for providing such research, and in the course of conducting this research we, and/or these third parties may place a unique “cookie” on your browser.
A cookie is a small file which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard disc and helps RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd understand and track your use of the site and where it can improve the information and services provided.
There are two different types of cookies:
Session cookies – these are temporary and are erased when you close your internet browser.
Persistent cookies – these remain on your hard drive until you erase them or they expire at a pre-set deletion date.
IP addresses are not linked to other personally identifiable information, with the exception of that stored in certain cookies for analysis during the application process for products on this website. Any information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number or email address.
The types of cookies we set are detailed below.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous for, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Why we process your data
The law on data protection allows RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd to process your data for certain reasons only:
- In order to carry out the contract that we are party to.
- In order to carry out legally required duties.
- In order for us to carry out our legitimate interests.
All of the processing carried out by RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd falls into one of the permitted reasons. Generally, we will rely on the three reasons set out above to process your data.
We also collect data so that we can carry out activities which are in the legitimate interests of the Company. We have set these out below:
- Providing benefits to you such as offering customers future discounts and offers.
- Maintaining comprehensive up to date personal records about you to ensure effective correspondence can be achieved and appropriate contact details in the event of an emergency are maintained.
- Dealing with legal claims made against us.
- Preventing fraud.
- Ensuring our administrative and IT systems are secure and robust against unauthorised access.
However, we may ask for your consent to allow RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd to process certain personal data. If this occurs, you will be made fully aware of the reasons for the processing. As with all cases of seeking consent from you, you will have full control over your decision to give or withhold consent and there will be no consequences where consent is withheld. Consent, once given, may be withdrawn at any time. There will be no consequences where consent is withdrawn.
Sharing your data
Your data may be shared with colleagues within the Company where it is necessary for them to undertake their duties. This includes, for example another Account Manager having to process the order in cases of sickness and holidays.
We share your data with third parties (couriers) in order to distribute goods that have been ordered and our accountants who process invoices and credit notes.
We share your data with third party review companies (such as trustpilot) to request for a review on behalf of us. This is to ensure that the service you received met your expectations and that the products received are in perfect working condition.
We may also share your data with third parties as part of a Company sale or restructure, or for other reasons to comply with a legal obligation upon us.
We do not share your data with bodies outside of the European Economic Area.
Protecting your data
We are aware of the requirement to ensure your data is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, destruction and abuse. We have implemented processes to guard against such
Where we share your data with third parties, we provide written instructions to them to ensure that your data is held securely and in line with GDPR requirements. Third parties must implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your data.
How long we keep your data for
In line with data protection principles, we only keep your data for as long as we need it for, which will be at least for the duration of the ordering, dispatch and invoicing period. Invoices have to be kept for 6 years (for the Tax Inspector) and these will have your name and address on.
Your rights in relation to your data
The law on data protection gives you certain rights in relation to the data we hold on you. These are, the right:
- Of access. You have the right to access the data that we hold on you. To do so, you should make a subject access request.
- For any inaccuracies to be corrected. If any data that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you are able to require us to correct it.
- To have information deleted. If you would like RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd to stop processing your data, you have the right to ask RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd to delete it from our systems where you believe there is no reason for Crimson Bear Ltd to continue processing it.
- To restrict the processing of the data. For example, if you believe the data we hold is incorrect, we will stop processing the data (whilst still holding it) until we have ensured that the data is correct.
- To portability. You may transfer the data that we hold on you for your own purposes.
- To object to the inclusion of any information. You have the right to object to the way we use your data where we are using it for our legitimate interests.
- To regulate any automated decision-making and profiling of personal data. You have a right not to be subject to automated decision making in way that adversely affects your legal rights.
Where you have provided consent to our use of your data, you also have the unrestricted right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent means that we will stop processing the data that you had previously given RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd consent to use. There will be no consequences for withdrawing your consent. However, in some cases, we may continue to use the data where so permitted by having a legitimate reason for doing so.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights explained above or have any concerns as to how your data is processed, please contact Joanna Johnson, Office Manager, RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd.
RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd complies with the requirements of the GDPR Act, 2018.
By disclosing information to RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd via our website or by telephone, you consent to Crimson Bear collecting, storing and processing your personal data in the manner may utilise some information supplied to Crimson Bear Ltd as testimonials but we will not disclose any contact details on any material used.
Amending your details
In the event that you wish to amend or in any way modify the information that we hold for you then please contact RadiatorsOnline.com Ltd and we will make all of the necessary changes.